FAQ

Most frequent questions and answers

We’ll get to know each other through a call (or even over coffee if we’re local). And if we find we’re a good fit, I require a $1000 retainer and a signed contract to put your wedding on my calendar. The remainder of the total cost can be split up into payments. Payments can be easily made using a credit card or through a bank transfer.

We’ll have several touch points leading up to your wedding day – at the minimum we’ll chat at the 6, 3, and 1-month mark prior to it. Additionally, I will send a questionnaire that you can update at any time to make sure I’m completely synched with your timeline. I will also take the initiative to reach out to your other vendors such as your wedding planner, photographer, and dj/band, to introduce myself, understand their needs, and communicate my own so we’re already in the mood to collaborate long before meeting on your wedding day. Outside of that, I’m exceptionally responsive to however you choose to reach out whether that’s email, call, or text.

I’ll be the first to say that I like researching, buying, and learning how to use new gear. However, the most important tools I bring to filmmaking are the principles of storytelling, composition, and perspective that helps me create the film we’ve envisioned.

With that being said, I use 3 cameras – two Fujifilm XH2S and one Fujifilm XT4. The fact is that all professional cameras have great image quality these days. I chose this brand because I love the color they produce and the cameras themselves just look cool. They are paired with Fujifilm 18mm f1.4, 27mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 16-80 f4, and 50-140mm f2.8 lenses. I stabilize with Peak Design tripods, a Ronin RS3 gimbal, and Manfrotto monopod with a smooth video head. However, most of the time, I have the two XH2S on a Rose Anvil dual harness and I shoot handheld. All three of my cameras have internal stabilization and I love that it gives the film an organic look. Audio is captured using a mixture of Rode shotgun microphones, Rode Lavaliers, Rode wireless transmitters and receivers, a discreet Sony voice recorder, Zoom H1n, and a Tascam X8. For lighting, I use two small Aputure bi-color LEDs and one medium-sized Rotolight NEO2. The editing is done in Final Cut Pro. There are of course many more pieces of equipment but those are the essentials.

These are the tools at my disposal and I adjust what I use on the actual wedding day based on the venue, the tone and feel of the day, as well as whatever will help me get the kind of shots I need.

I’ll be the first to say that it’s not easy being in front of the camera. That’s why I try my best to make the process as relaxing as possible – that way you feel comfortable just being you and you forget that I’m even there. I’ve also found that 90% of the day, what’s captured during your wedding is completely natural and candid. And the other 10%, for example, while you’re getting ready or during couple’s portraits, a bit of subtle guiding and directing helps bring out some great moments. To do that, I will give you prompts that guide you to move naturally while making you forget the camera is even there. 

The main thing I’m trying to say is that all you really have to do is enjoy and soak it all in while I capture the fleeting moments.

I save your files onto 4 separate hard drives. That way, if any of them fail, your files are not lost.

You are guaranteed to have all of your videos within 4 weeks. However, on average, my turnaround time is 1 to 2 weeks. This is much faster than what you’ll find in the industry. I’m able to do this without sacrificing quality because I focus on one couple’s video at a time and I’ve invested the time and money to streamline my workflow.

You will be able to download all of your videos through private links.

My focus is to deliver films that you love while also giving you a great experience. I also know that every other artist and vendor that you’ve hired have the same goal for their own craft. Because of that, I believe we’re all able to do our best in delivering on our promises by working together as a team.

I am completely comfortable in capturing the events of your wedding on my own because I have 3 cameras, 2 of which I can set on tripods to capture complementary angles. However, if your wedding timeline includes overlapping events, especially if they don’t take place at the same location, then I would recommend hiring a second videographer. For those situations, I can hire peers and associates to accompany me at your wedding.

Kaneri Films is covered with General Liability insurance with a General Aggregate Limit of $2,000,000.

I’m honored to make a film for all people – no matter their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other preferences. I’m especially attracted to working with couples who have chemistry and aren’t afraid to show it.

Inquire Today